Sunday, March 06, 2005

Real Gorgeous

I'm in the process of reading Real Gorgeous: The truth about body & beauty, by Kaz Cooke.

Cooke is an Autralian author and cartoonist. While her dialogue about everything from fashion to body hair is on the serious side, her cartoons and doodles are a riot. My husband just shakes his head at me when he walks by and I'm howling with laughter. He's learned not to ask. Mostly because he never gets what I'm laughing about. It's sad, I know. I'll write a review for the Large & Lovely site at BellaOnline when I'm done.

Today there's a blizzard outside. The satellite for the t.v. has failed yet I have no problems once so ever with the computer. Ah technology. There's a movie on later I want to watch, Thunderheart starring Val Kilmer. I remember the first time I saw it in the theatre. It was a shoddy place uptown with tiny theatres with peeling paint and mouldy carpets. During the intro when the native man is running in the desert and a shot rings out shooting him in the back the film literally melted from the centre out. It was freaky. They managed to mend it and there were no further problems. I remember it being a good movie. Time will tell.

Don't you hate it when movies you loved when you were younger seem like crap when you watch them years later? I realized this when I watched Mad Max with Mel Gibson a couple years ago. I was a younging and fell head over heals for Mel when I saw it the first time. It's crap. And what's with the voice over? But hey, Mel is in it, he's hot and he's Australian so I'll watch it again (yes I bought it).

Anyway, that's my rant for today. If you're reading this I only have one thing to say: What are you doing here? Go have some chocolate or something.

***
Topic Links:
*Real Gorgeous by Kaz Cooke
*Kaz Cooke's Official Website
*Thunderheart with Val Kilmer
*Mad Max with Mel Gibson

0 comments: