Sunday, June 12, 2005

Literary Fiction

I don't know what I was thinking when I applied to be the editor of the Literary Fiction site at BellaOnline. I guess I was thinking: I read, I like books, I'm already an editor...

For some reason they said yes and now I'm the editor. I suddenly feel self conscious about expressing my feelings about books even though I've been doing it for a few years. I guess I hold literary fiction in a higher category when it comes to the writing community and I haven't reached it and probably never will. Bad negative self speak.

I love literary fiction. I love to read. I just have insecurity issues. What was I thinking?

Topic Links
* Literary Fiction

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the truth? It takes me a while to relax and find my own voice again when I start a new project. I get self-conscious when what I want to be is unconscious.;) Not really, conscious of the work, not of my own ego, which will be eeyeeewww if it comes visiting.

Yeah, just write like you know you do and leave the rest at the door.