Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The New Orange

I hate orange. I like to eat oranges but I hate the colour orange when it comes to clothing, signage and... um... HAIR! Orange hair on other people is just fine.

Today I decided to dye my medium blonde lockes a lighter shade for the summer. I haven't dyed my hair in over 2 years. I hated the whole process so now I know why I haven't bothered.

Last year I shaved my head because it was so hot. And I do mean shaved it. There was less than a half an inch of hair on the scalp. I loved it. Cool, easy to wash. This year I'm trying to grow it long and sassy like the old days. Well, unfortunately, unlike the old days I'm not as blonde as I use to be. The joy of being a woman in her thirties.

Anyway, back to the dye job. I picked out the palest of alabaster and went to work. To cut a small story even shorter. I now have orange hair. Orange. Yes, orange. Jeff came home and kind of stared for a second and then said, "It looks nice."

"Liar! It's orange." If I wasn't so embarrased I'd take a pic and post it. Hopefully it'll look better tomorrow. I don't know what I'm going to do otherwise. Possibly shave it. I keep shedding anyway.

0 comments: