Thursday, January 12, 2006

Sheesh!

The world really never ceases to amaze me. It's too bad it's mostly for the bad. I was sent an article today from the Edmonton Sun about a woman in Vancouver who can't work because she developed carpal tunnel syndrome (on the job), a painful ailment brought on by repetitive use of the hands and wrists.

"WorkSafeBC, the former Workers' Compensation Board, acknowledged Anna Palumbo's condition of carpal tunnel syndrome." But they refuse to give her any doe because she falls into the fat category of the BMI.

Hello? Can someone please tell me what her weight has to do with a wrist injury? Unless her job required her doing quartwheels I just don't see the connection. They really should be ashamed of themselves for using her weight as an excuse for being too damn cheap to make a legitimate payout.

People suck (I know poetic isn't it).

Topic Links
* EdmontonSun

2 comments:

Crazy Maker said...

Hey there, I linked your post to my blog, hope you don't mind. Was just a prime example of the mentaltiy of Worksafe BC.

Crazy Maker said...

oops forgot the url www.wcbsux.blogspot.com