Monday, January 29, 2007

30 Wanna Movie Hottie: 8

Doing this particular weekly entry has given me some insight into the type of men I enjoy. I use to think I was into variety but placing all of them in one spot and searching for photos has really shown me how similar my tastes in stars are. Is it me or do they all look similar? Or at least have similar traits. I've become a cliché for tall dark and handsome! Do I mind? No, not at all.

Onward and forward. This week's wanna movie hottie is James Purefoy. Recognize the name? Not surprised if you don't. He's one of Britain's best kept secrets. I've only seen this luscious man in three films but he has over 40 to his credit. Of the three, the one most memorable to me is A Knight's Tale in which he played Prince Edward / Sir Thomas Colville; a prince hiding out under an assumed name so he can participate in joust matches without his father knowing and so competitors won't throw their event. He's just a side character but memorable.

In Resident Evil, a horror series I'm quite fond of, he played Spence Parks. A very sexy bad guy love interest to the kick butt Milla Jovovich. It's unfortunate he dies. But someone does in a world of rampaging contagious zombies.

The third is the 1999 version of the Jane Austen comedy Mansfield Park. He plays drinking (as opposed to Stomping Tom. Sorry,Canadian humour) Tom Bertram. I'm going to book this to rent again this weekend. FYI: there's a new TV version coming out this year starring Billie Piper (Doctor Who). It probably won't make it overseas for a few years but if you see it, let me know.

The basics: Born in 1964 in Taunton, Somerset. He's divorced with one child. Screen tested for James Bond but never made it (what were they thinking). His last name means "good faith" or "my word or bond is in good faith," so it seems to me he'd make a perfect Bond. Currently lives in London England.

***
Topic Links
* A Knight's Tale
* Resident Evil
* Mansfield Park

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first time I saw him he was playing a psycho stalker so I've always been a little bit scared of him. Cute though. You like accents too, I've noticed. :)