Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I Wanna Read... The Dead Fathers Club

Once a month I get Andrea Semple's Writing Tips newsletter. I've received this newsletter for a few years and have always enjoyed it because it's short and sweet and gives usable writing information. This month she's was touting her partner's Matt Haig's new book, The Dead Fathers Club.

It's a dark and humerus story about a young boy who can see his dead father. His father was murdered by his Uncle and is now trying to take over the boy's mother and the family business. With the help of his dead dad he plans a murder of his own. I know, this little synopsis doesn't do it justice.

I can't read it but I hope you can!

***
Topic Links
* The Dead Fathers Club from Amazon
* Andrea Semple's Official Website
* Matt Haig's Official Website

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This book's relevant to an article I'm writing about YA so I'll definitely be reading it. I'll let you know if it's good. :)

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

My husband doesn't read many books, he has a short attention span and very few books capture his interest for the length of an entire novel, but Matt Haig's previous novel (Last Family in England, possibly?) was one of those books. So I thought I'd give The Dead Fathers Club a try, and it's now sitting on the top of my To Be Read pile.