Thursday, January 18, 2007

I Wanna Read... Tom Cruise: All the World's a Stage

As funny as it may sounds, yes, I'd love to read this book but know I never will. I use to be a relative even keel fan of Tom Cruise before I knew too much. I really do hate to know too much. Now I realize this is an oxymoron considering my previous statement but bare with me.

As I was reading a review by Lincoln Cho over at January Magazine about Iain Johnstone's new book I became more curious. As Cho say, Cruise is the "most significant star of his generation" and I agree. Of course, I'd much rather read a book that Tom was involved in but this one seems to handle it's topic from a journalistic perspective instead of a scandalous one. This is not Johnstone's first biography. He's written about Dustin Hoffman and Clint Eastwood.

So that's my wanna but won't read for this week. Hope you get a chance to check it out. Or at the very least visit Janauary Magazine.

***
Topic Links
* January Magazine Review
* All the World's a Stage from Amazon.com

0 comments: