Monday, February 26, 2007

A Curvy Oscar

Did you take in the Oscars last night? So nice to see curves represented at the Oscars. Jennifer Hudson looked fabulous (actually, I'd say everyone looked fab)? She sounded amazing too.

I watched her Barbara Walter's interview beforehand and the most notable part of the interview was when she sang a few lines. It gave me chills and had Barbro in tears.

I can't believe how well Jennifer has done in such a short amount of time. Seems like yesterday when she made the final 12 on American Idol and was told by Simon Cowell she didn't have what it takes. It's been only 2 1/2 - 3 years and she has a Golden Globe, SAG Award and now an Oscar.

Jennifer competed with only 700 other girls for her role in Dreamgirls. When you take into consideration the casting, rehearsal and movie making process, she's had a very busy and an extremely successful go of it.


Her curves definitely aren't holding her back!

On a very interesting after Oscars note, I saw a clip this morning of Meryl Streep. Someone was congratulating her on her 14th Oscar nomination and she said it went well with her size 14 frame. Huh? I didn't know Meryl was plus size.

0 comments: