Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Little Miss Sunshine

Jeff and I watched this film the other night and I'm adding it to my list of favourites and must see again. It's a roller coaster ride of emotion.

This sweet, hysterical and sad film is about a middle class family struggling to get by and struggling to keep the pieces of their family together. They pack up the Volkswagen bus to travel to California so the youngest little Olive can compete in a beauty pageant called Little Miss Sunshine.

I laughed really hard and cried numerous times. All the actors young and old were suburb. I'm not a big fan of Steve Carell (40 year old virgin, The Office) but I loved him in this film. You may remember little Olive (Abigail Breslin) from Signs and Raising Helen. Cute-T-pa-Toot-T.

Some may not think the story line is original--family forced to travel together-- but this really is a dynamic group of actors and we really did enjoy it from beginning to end. I highly recommend seeing it.

***
Topic Links
* Little Miss Sunshine at Amazon.
* Review - Little Miss Sunshine

0 comments: