Sunday, April 29, 2007

30 Wanna Movie Hottie: 10

After watching Deep Blue Sea the other night I couldn't help but add Thomas Jane to the Wanna Movie Hottie listing. Jane's hot meter is raised even higher by being married to the lovely and talented Patricia Arquette (True Romance forever!!).

Jane, who looks a little Christopher Lambert-ish at times is probably the only masculine blonde you'll see on this list but who knows, we're only a third done. He can buff up or pudge out with the best of them depending on character requirements and has worked with some of Hollywood's top leading ladies: Cameron Diaz, Angelina Jolie and Patricia Arquette (Medium).

Selected Movie Overview: Probably the first movie I admired him in was The Velocity of Gary (1998) with Vincent D'Onofrio. It's a weird movie about a love triangle seared by Aids and unrequited love. Jane spends a lot of time looking too hot for his own good. As I mentioned earlier Deep Blue Sea (1999) was on the other night. If you like shark movies this is pretty good. It isn't Jaws but it's pretty good. There are some excellent water stunt scenes and the supporting cast is Samuel L. Jackson and L.L. Cool J. For some reason I love baseball movies. And even though he's not the main character. He plays a important role as Mickey Mantle in 61 (2001) . Jeff makes fun of me because I like baseball and footballs movies but could care less for the real thing. Last year I saw Stander (2003) for the first time. It was loosely base on the life story of a South African police officer who became frustrated with the system and decided to rob banks. Also stars Wanna Movie Hottie David O'Hara. Thomas Jane is probably best know for his role as comic book hero Frank Castle in The Punisher (2004) which is kind of reminiscent of Mad Max. The good guy's family is murdered by really bad people. The good guy makes bad people regret their lapse in judgment. Great action movie. Lots of explosion and lots of muscle. I'm looking forward to The Punisher II coming in 2007 or 2008 depending on your source.

The basics: Thomas Jane was born in 1969 (great year) in Baltimore, Maryland and is of Irish/Italian/German descent. He's been married twice, divorced once. He has done some theatre; most notably, Tennessee Williams' Glass Menagerie. He has ventured outside of acting to create a comic book called Bad Planet which is linked at his official website. His best creation so far is a collaboration with current wife Patricia and that would be their four year old daughter Harlow Olivia Calliope. Here is his official website.

***
Topic Links
* Punisher
* Dreamcatcher
* The Velocity of Gary

3 comments:

VDOVault said...

Thomas Jane 'The Velocity Of Gary' pics for you

TVOG Pics

The Vault

Anonymous said...

I have to say I TOTALLY agree with everything you said here. I've seen several of his movies (Deep Blue Sea, Punisher and 61 are my favorites) and have always kind of had a thing for him. But I recently met him and got to hang out with him and I absolutely fell in LOVE with him. He is much more handsome in person and is the sweetest person you could ever hope to meet. He is a dream for me. I have always been a fan of his wife Patricia and look at her as a role model for women everywhere just in the way she stands up for herself and what she believes in, and refuses to be told how to live her life. They are so PERFECT together. Now I loe them both.

And as another BIG GIRL, I say kudos to you.

Moe a.k.a. @biggirlblue said...

Thanks "anonymous". I love Patricia, as you probably saw from the post. I saw her in an interview recently where they interviewer brought up her weight. Medium producers/directors (can't remember which) asked her to lose a few pounds. She told them it wasn't going to happen. I love it when actors stand up for themselves, their characters and their audience.

Thanks "vdovault" for the pics and link to the Vincent D’Onofrio pics. I spent way too much time wandering around there. Vincent D’Onofrio is a fine actor. I was disappointed when he started getting less air time on Criminal Intent.