Sunday, June 03, 2007

Dog Day Weekend continues

We're going on a big RV trip with Jeff's parents this summer and one of the things we wanted to get for the trip was a camcorder. First, because Jeff's SLR camera bit the bullet last fall and we decided to go for moving pictures instead of still pictures. And second, I'm also hoping to add a video feature to my websites which seems to be all the craze these days. Which gave me a idea I have to write down.

Well, today was the big day. Jeff was in the mood for shopping and I had saved up enough money to cover most of the cost. After hours of research on the internet including Consumer's Digest, we picked up the Sony Handycam DCR-SR42. We decided to go with Staples as they price match (Future Shop had one on sale) and we could collect points. So far so good. We watched a cutesy video on how to use it. I read the manual. I chased the cat, dog and Jeff around the house etc.

One of the cool things about this cam is it has a digital camera built in so if you feel like taking a still pic, you can. The software is also simple to use and allows you to do easy screen captures of any images in any movies you film. So here's one of the very first tests I uploaded to YouTube. As you can see, I appear to have Parkinson's. Hopefully, practice over the next few weeks will improve that. Shelby was pretty cooperative. The video is only 49 seconds long. It was stinking hot out and I wanted to go back in side.

0 comments: