Sunday, June 10, 2007

Final Ultrasound... until next year...

Last Monday, I had my last ultrasound for a while and freakishly got the results a few days later when I visited my family doctor about something else. She was all excited that things looked normal. Which is cool. I'm happy with that. I just find it funny since the Gynecologist was all set to send me for a D & C at my last visit. The last ultra sound said a polyp was suspect the one before that said I had a cyst. It pays to ask for confirmation. I've been surgery-free all my life and I'd like to stay that way unless absolutely necessary.

I still have my follow-up appointment with the Gynecologist at the end of the month. It was scheduled the same time the scan was and I'll have go through his interpretation. There is a 3 mm focal echo that I imagine they will have to keep an eye on but I'm feeling much better now that I've had this exam. Of course it could be as wrong as the other two. Gee, do you think I have a doom and gloom attitude?

0 comments: