Saturday, October 27, 2007

NaNoWriMo

I signed up a few weeks ago for NaNo, the crazy November writing challenge, in which writers from all over the world sign up to write a book (200 pages/50,000 words) in one month.

I have no idea in mind just a title (and not a very good one at that). I'm what you call a "panter" I guess, a fly by the seat of your pants kind of writer. Actually, I prefer the term "freewriter" but the going term is panter. I'm a panter. Doesn't it sound like someone who accidentally goes in their pants all the time? Issues much...

When I signed up I had to enter a novel title. Because I'm a panter, I came up with Once Upon a Horse. I know, catchy isn't it. I expect it will change once I get going but that's what I put in. Do you think I work well under pressure?

Even though I don't have a story idea peculating I have been thinking about a plan of attack. To reach a 50,000 word goal for the month, which has 30 days, I will have have to write 6.67 pages (one page is 250 words) a day. This actually seems reasonable to me and think I'll have no problem doing this. Ha!

Only four days left until the madness begins. Anyone, if you're doing Nano, pop by and add yourself to my buddy list.

***
Topic Links
* NaNoWriMo Official Website

0 comments: