Sunday, November 18, 2007

Fave Photo

So if art is an expression what does it say about the artist... about the collector? Does it have to say anything? How can we feel something about a piece and not have it express anything about us? I'm really not this deep... or shallow. Ok, maybe a little shallow, but I come by it honestly.

I'm a big fan of the website Deviant Art, where a bunch of artists and photographers display and sell their work. This is one of my favorite photos. So much so I actually purchased it. It's just a small print but I really liked it and wanted to help support the artist in some way.

It's sitting on my bookshelf where I can see it from my desk. The artist who took the photo has lots of other beautiful images and I recommend checking out her work and exploring Deviant Art.

***
Topic Links
* DeviantArt - Boxed Photos (artist's photo)
* My Deviant Art Page

0 comments: