Sunday, August 17, 2008

Not Giving Up Yet

I'm still juggling (or some resemblance of juggling). I know I can't believe it either. I have finally made it up to three balls but can't go past about 4 - 8 repetitions depending on the day.

There are definitely benefits to it co-ordination wise. I caught a ball behind my head tonight without even seeing it. I don't know when I'd use this particular talent but I'm enjoying it and it makes me feel good.

I still haven't gotten the nerve up yet to video myself juggling; so here is a picture of my balls. I know exciting. The big yellow ones are definitely outside ones (I've only used them once because it just isn't safe to use them yet). I find the beanbag ones (from the $1 store) the easiest to use but I started with the red/yellow/blue ones.

I've been really good at practising every night for a minimum of 30 minutes, sometimes for 1 1/2. It's kind of addictive and relaxing (I couldn't fight the urge to juggle a bit when I went to take the this picture). I generally do it while I'm watching reruns of Without a Trace; which is probably the reason why I drop them so much... har har.

I find the best results when I follow a routine. I warm up with one ball, move on to two and then finish with the three. I still can't seem to perform in front of an audience (Jeff), even if he tries to sneak up on me I know someone's there and can't do it. What is that? Performance anxiety?

0 comments: