Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin Soup

This has become my absolute favorite comfort food at the moment. I found this recipe when I was looking for Flickr recipes and photos to complement my Spicy Black Bean Burger Recipe lens.

I had to make some changes on the initial recipe because of product differences and not wanting to waste or have leftover ingredients. Here is the link to the original recipe with photo. Below is my updated version.

I'm sure any changes you would have to make would work out beautifully. This soup seriously rocks. I made it for the second time last night after having a hankering for something warm and cozy. It makes ten huge servings and freezes and reheats well.

Pumpkin and Black Bean Soup

Ingredients:
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion
3 cups vegetable stock (I use the reconstitute kind)
1 28 oz can diced tomato, in juice (Primo)
1 19 oz ca black beans, slightly rinsed and drained (Unico)
1 796 ml pure pumpkin (E.D. Smith)
1 cup of whipping cream (or heavy cream)
1 1/2 tbsp curry powder
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp cayenne pepper
Sprinkle of salt
fresh chives for garnish

Saute onions in oil for five minutes. Add all ingredients except cream and spices. Stir well, bring to boil over medium heat, reduce to med-low. Add spices and cream, stir well and simmer for another five - ten minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve, garnish and enjoy!

0 comments: