Friday, January 02, 2009

Quote From Rebecca West

This quote was made by author, journalist and feminist Rebecca West:
"People call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat or a prostitute."
I have often heard women say "I'm not a feminist." One of the most misunderstood words is the word "Feminist". That's probably because it has had a lot of help from the opposite sex (no I'm not male bashing, just stating a fact but the good thing is, 'they' as a whole, have improved).

The first line of Wikipedia's description sums it up, "Feminism is a belief in the right of women to have political, social, and economic equality with men."

I don't know any women who wouldn't want any of these things and what it entails; whether she was a doormat or a prostitute.

0 comments: