Monday, June 22, 2009

Cider House Rules

No, I'm not talking about the movie. I'm talking about a new beverage I had last weekend at a family wedding (Jeff's cousin). We had to travel four hours to the Thornbury area on Georgian Bay. Beautiful area if you are looking for a holiday destination.

One of the best things about the reception was that I was able to try something new. Thanks to the photographer who sat at our table (sorry I forgot her name). She's from the area and told us about the local cider house and she recommended we try an iced Cider peeler before we go.

I immediately ordered one from the waiter. Basically it comes in a large beer glass that has been totally iced (seriously this was the best part for me because I like my drinks iced). It doesn't foam up like a beer but it fizzles like a seltzer. It tastes like a wine but like a beer but like apples. In that order. It is 4% alcohol.

The company offered take home bottles as wedding gifts to the guests hence the picture of me holding a bottle. I can't for the life of me figure out why I didn't take a picture of the beverage at the wedding. Maybe the glass of red wine I had before that made me forget.

So if you are ever in a Thornbury restaurant or bar ask for a Iced Cider Peeler. And be sure to drive by the cider house that produces them.

***
Topic Links
* Peeler Cider

0 comments: