Friday, July 02, 2010

Sturdy Shelf

It's the little things that make me realize how lucky I am. Like when Jeff made a shelf topper for the little storage unit on my desk. The top of it has been progressively sagging for months causing the stuff I regularly use to constantly slide off. I've been complaining of course, although I thought it was silently to myself.

Last weekend I woke and found my desk dismantled and the storage unit missing in action. I heard noise outside and had a look out the back door to find Jeff fiddling with my unit, some wood, and some guy tools. Here is the result:

It is so sturdy I can stand on it... ok, if I was 10 to 15 lbs, I could stand on it, which is how much the stuff I had on top probably ways. It's like a new unit, no sagging and the top drawer opens and closes without me having to do battle with the sag. I was just going to stick a piece of scrap wood on top. I like Jeff's version better. He cut it to the shape of the unit, painted it, then screwed it to the top. It is not going anywhere and either is the stuff I have piled on top. I might even be able to add more!

Now that is love. I appreciate this so much I'd say it is better than a box of chocolate. And you know how much I like my chocolate!

0 comments: