Tuesday, December 21, 2010

30 Days of Me: Day 23

It is day twenty-three of my 30 Days of Me challenge. Today's task on my list is: "something you crave a lot".

When I think of cravings I immediately think of food. The first food craving that comes to mind is salt usually in the form of potato chips. I went about six years without having a potato chip and about the time I started having my seizures I couldn't get enough of them buggers. I've never been an "additional salt" kind of person. I add it to recipes as they are written less a quarter or half but I generally don't add it to food except my other craving food -- french fries. If french fries don't have salt they suck. I don't want ketchup or vinegar (although a good malt vinegar is a nice change) or mayo on my fries, just the salt.

The other thing I think of when I think of when it comes to food cravings is "comfort". When I think of comfort food my first thought is black bean pumpkin soup -- for the last few year it has been one of my favorite comfort foods. The warmth, the heat, the smell, the color. It's a complete package of comfort. It freezes into individual servings beautifully, too.

So... what's your craving?

0 comments: