Wednesday, December 22, 2010

30 Days of Me: Day 24

It is day twenty-four of my 30 Days of Me challenge. Today's task on my list is: "a letter to your parents."

You have no idea how incredibly hard it is to write a letter to my parents. A/ They have been separated since my birth. B/ I've never met my father and have already written him "the letter" with negative results. C/ I'm pretty much estranged from my mother -- she gets a Christmas gift every year and I respond to her letters on the few occasions she sends them but contact is pretty low.

I remember when I was really little that I was close with my mother, like all kids are I guess. But as I grew into my teens I began to see her for what she was and while I can accept who she is I refuse to put myself into situations where I am the one who gets hurt. I think I deserve better than that no matter how old she is getting. In my opinion, getting old is not a get out of jail free card, it doesn't erase the history that preceded it.

So, as you may have guessed there will be no "Dear" parent letter today. I hope you have better luck.

1 comments:

Grace @ Sandier Pastures said...

Sorry to hear about your struggle to write Dear Mom or Dear Dad. And I missed to see this 30 days of me challenge! It sounds like fun!