Sunday, December 05, 2010

30 Days of Me: Day Seven

It is day seven of my 30 Days of Me challenge. Today's task on my list is: "a picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you".

This is a panorama picture (using the 360 app on my new birthday iPod) of my creativity board which sits on a base above my desk. It really hasn't changed much over the years -- I add the occasional slip of paper, notecard etc.

I look at it every day while I'm sitting here, numerous times actually, waiting for the computer to boot, or restart, unfreeze, or if I'm just looking for a mental prompt. Every time I read a quote or note I've posted it is like I'm reading it with fresh eyes. I never know what I'll learn from that particular moment or what it will spur on. One of my favorite recent additions are the glass push pins with the words: wish, inspire, cherish, joy, and laugh (Etsy). They are great reminders.

I highly recommend making your own creativity board whether it is above your desk, or above your microwave, or just a cut out piece of cardboard stuck on your book shelf.

0 comments: