Wednesday, December 08, 2010

30 Days of Me: Day Ten

It is day ten of my 30 Days of Me challenge. Today's task on my list is: "songs you listen to when you are Happy, Sad, Bored, Hyped, Mad."

When I was growing up (I'm growed up, don't you know) I listened to a lot of music whenever I could. At one point I was so proudly on the hub of what was hot, unique, and introspective. I was very eclectic when everyone else was either into pop or heavy metal. I guess I still am today but I am stuck in the past when it comes to music, buying maybe two or three new CDs a year.

I don't listen to music according to my moods really (not like I used to), but my mood is often affected by music and I try to avoid sad provoking music as much as possible unless I'm in the proper frame of mind.

Happy -- silly songs tend to make me happy Barbie Girl, I Come from a Land Down Under, Sound of Music, Wizard of Oz, and Footloose.

Sad -- for some reason, Air Supply makes me sad even though I think Phil Collins is a music making god. Johnny Cash, Jewel, Norah Jones, Nina Simone, and Boys on the Side.

Hyped -- pretty much anything that Ricky Martin would shake his hips to. Blondie, Madonna, and Will Smith.

Mad -- Avril or Alanis Morissette; enough said.

My all time favorite artist this year is Adele "Make You Feel My Love". Here's the video for it:

0 comments: