Thursday, April 14, 2011

Starting from Scratch

For some reason when I was at the hardware store last week looking for new clippers I decided I wanted to grow some plants from seeds. I did this when we first moved in to our house with little success (but what did survive I still have in the garden, surprisingly). I didn't want to go crazy so I picked up a 72 peat pod kit which has twelve short rows of six.

I planted one row of pumpkin seeds, two rows of pink fluffy grass, two row's of Jeff's dad's poppies, one row of ground cherries, three rows of blazing star (got the seeds from a lady who wrote an article for Oh Canada magazine), one row of heliotrope, one row of white clematis (from another lady I met online), and one row of blue fescue.

Today when I checked in on them I found the pumpkin seeds already sprouting. It hasn't even been a week! There also looks like a spring of grass. It is looking pretty promising so far if I do say so myself. Hopefully, I didn't just jinx it.

0 comments: