Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Results are Back

I really don't know how to feel, in part because my doctor doesn't know how to explain things fully and in part because I don't ask direct questions.

This morning I found out the results of my internal ultrasound. According to the results, I have remnants of a burst cyst as well as a remaining 1cm cyst on my left ovary. They couldn't see my right one clearly. She didn't give me a clue as to how worried she was or how worried I should be about this. My doctor is like a little bee, rushing off to the next flower before it's finished with one.

I do have to go for a follow-up in February for another internal. She said nothing about future pregnancies which came to me on the drive home. I ended up calling the office and leaving a few questions with the receptionist.

So I'm off to the internet for some reliable research (tongue in cheek)...

3 comments:

HomeSchooling Ologist said...

Several years before I had Bry I had a 2cm cyst on my ovary.

So pregnancy after cyst is possible

Moe a.k.a. @biggirlblue said...

What happened with the cyst?

HomeSchooling Ologist said...

that one went away on it's own. I've had a few others but all the others were much smaller and after a while they just seemed to stop. Or at the very least the symptoms decreased.

It doesn't interfere with day-to-day life.