Monday, January 01, 2007

30 Wanna Movie Hottie: 5

This is going to be a short one today. In-laws are still here and I have a few people coming over. The hottie for this week is David O'Hara.

It was love at first sight when he uttered "My Island" in Mel Gibson's Braveheart. Jeff and I still use this most common phrase, for whatever reason strange people do such things. Yes, he was the dirty and very hairy Irishman Stephen. I don't why I like what I like I just do.

It wasn't until The MatchMaker with Janeane Garofalo that I became truly smitten by his comical grin, intense eyes and sense of timing. He oozed hottie.

I'm still trying to see all the episodes of television drama The District even though his part is so small. No wonder why he went back home. It's because of this show that I think he is one of the most underused talented actors out there. One of the reasons I like him is his ability to transform his physical appearance for different characters.

Two other movies I had no interest in seeing are now on my list because I found out he was in them: Hotel Rwanda (just picked it up during boxing day sales) and Tristan and Isolde.

The basics: It is so hard to find any info on him. I had an even harder time finding a descent image. He was born in 1965 in Glasgow, Scotland (told you I like them UK men) and he has a background, not surprisingly, in theatre.

Happy New Year!

***
Topic Links
* Braveheart
* The MatchMaker
* Hotel Rwanda

0 comments: