Monday, January 22, 2007

Recycling Old Stuff

The new year is a time for new beginnings. While others are working on minimizing their waists I'm working on minimizing my waste or the clutter in my space.

This weekend it was an old rocking chair and the sliding closet doors in my front entrance. The chair has pretty much never been used. The doors were constantly in the way of getting jackets and shoes. It's amazing how the appearance of space has changed these two rooms.

What did we do with the stuff? Well, my friends, if you haven't heard of it yet, there's a little movement called Freecycle. It's a global organization with community lists (yahoo usually) where members can sign up to get rid of or gain some treasures. I highly recommend it. It's a good way to recycle things around your home. Someone should be using them if you're not.

***
Topic Links
* Freecycle

0 comments: