Friday, March 07, 2008

Snow, Snow, and more... you guessed it. Snow!

You already know I'm a grand complainer when it comes to weather but this is rediculous. We are in the process of getting another 30 cm of snow. Hello? Goddess of weather! Please stop. It's time for the goddess of spring to come out and play. Ok, rant finished.

Good news. Mia Tyler contacted me this week to say she liked the Squidoo lens I created to highlight her. How nice was that? Super! It's actually kind of a weird feeling to know that someone you admire has looked at something you created about them. Her only complaint (which wasn't even a complaint, because she's so nice) was that I had a movie listed that she never appeared in. Yes, it was embarrassing but she was really good about it.

On the computer front... I finally jumped in and bought a new laptop. The lagging of my old one was really slowing things down as I couldn't have more than two or three programs open without it working at a snail's pace. Hard to be productive.

I've been looking for awhile and was thinking I'd go with another Dell but then Future Shop had an suberb deal on an HP Pavilion (dv9726ca) computer. I am motoring along with 2GB Ram, 250 GB Hardrive, webcam (which I'll probably never use), 17" monitor, AMD Turion 64 x2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-60. What else do you need to know? My old one was Intel Pentium 4 with a 15" monitor, 4oGB Hardrive, 512 MB Ram. So now I have a Mercedes (but not really). The screen is so big! Scheeee!

That's it for the excitement this week.

***
Topic Links
* Mia Tyler Squidoo Lens

0 comments: