Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Juggling Progress

Juggling is a strange thing to do. Throwing balls in the air with hopes of catching them. Why I continue to do it is beyond me but I'm proud of myself that I have lasted this long. The last time I posted I had just started the 3 ball cascade.

It's been another month. I haven't moved beyond the 3 balls but I really didn't expect to. The most I've done in a row is about 16 before I suddenly go spastic and throw the ball five feet away. It's weird how one moment I am performing what appears to me to be a perfectly executed juggling manoeuvre (I'm positive Garfield would say otherwise) can quickly turn into a freakish jerk response. What also amazes me are these Neo interludes (Matrix reference) where I can catch a jerked ball a foot behind my head. It's surreal. Seriously.

My training schedule consists of 5 - 6 days a week for a minimum of 30 minutes. Some days up to 2 hours or more. I like to do it when I'm watching t.v. It drives Jeff crazy (especially when he gets hit with a ball) but overall he's pretty impressed too. I've definitely come a long way since I first started but I think/feel I should be further along by now. I just can't seem to gain control of where I'm throwing the balls. I would say I have 40% accuracy, 55% inaccuracy and 5 percent Neo (yes, again with the Matrix reference) channelling.

I have no video yet for you. Just trust me when I say I still drop it a lot. But definitely not as much as a month ago. And I still love doing it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I can just picture the two of you (well, not really, since I don't know what Jeff looks like) sitting watching TV and one ball gets, um, aimed at Jeff just as he's concentrating hardest on the screen... Anyway, it must be good to have something to throw at the TV when it annoys you. Husband and cat too.

Anonymous said...

What's funny is the cat is bound and determined to stay put no matter how many times the ball whacks her. Silly kitty. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello fellow Juggler! I too taught myself how to juggle and it's a lot of practice. I hated constantly stooping to pick them up so I would practice over the couch. That way if they fell I wouldn't have to bend so far. I guess I'm lazy. LOL

Congrats on the 16 at one time though! I'm only up to three but maybe if I had some Neo moves....