Monday, November 29, 2010

30 Days of Me: Day One

It is day one of my 30 Days of Me challenge. The first task on my list is: "a recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself."

The Picture

The most recent picture of me that actually shows my face is this head shot I took with my web cam to replace my avatar photo in my Facebook profile. It was taken a few weeks ago shortly after having my hair lightened. This is one of my favorite photos of me.

15 Facts About Me

  1. I taught myself to juggle. Most people take about three hours to learn, it took me three months.

  2. When I was younger I used to be obsessed with the moon. I still love the moon today and I even have a moon program on my computer toolbar that tells me what phase the moon.

  3. I'm a night owl. I have always been a night owl. In fact as I type this it is 5 a.m. and I haven't gone to bed yet.

  4. I have a scar on my forehead from falling over the back of a chair and hitting my head on my aunt's fireplace. I was playing with a kitten. Luckily, I didn't land on the kitten. I probably should have had stitches as it looks like it might have gaped.

  5. My best friend when I was eight was a boy named Wayne. We used to sit on his grandmother's iron fence and yell at vehicles as they went by, "Peace, brother!"

  6. I've given two bloody noses to other women. Both times they deserved it but I still felt guilty about it afterward.

  7. I have a half sister I never met who's name rhymes with "folly".

  8. I ran away from home when I was ten. It was down a back alley, about a block away and I was gone for a whole three hours. No one noticed.

  9. I am smarter than most people think I am but not as smart as I would like to be.

  10. I'm currently addicted to doodling. Seriously. If I wasn't doing this blog post I'd be doodling.

  11. The big toe on my left foot is usually blue. I've had it since I was sixteen. There's a medical term for it but I never remember it. It has like twenty letters and I couldn't pronounce it for a million dollars.

  12. If I could be any animal it would probably be an elephant, as long as it was on a reserve (I wouldn't want to have to live with the fear of poaching). Why? Because elephants are humongous, most people are afraid of them charging, children like to ride around on them, they live a really long time, and they have a beautiful trunk.

  13. For the last two years I've had this incredibly weird habit of picking (picking, not biting) at my fingernails. The nails are so short my fingertips actually hurt. I used to have lovely nails. Not super long but long enough to be considered feminine and fun to paint. I'm not sure why I developed this habit.

  14. If money and space were not an option I would have more animals. More dogs, more cats, horses, probably a cow, some sheep and geese. Maybe a donkey too. And a few turtles. And an outdoor pond with fish.

  15. I sigh a lot. I really mean a lot. I sigh so much that the dog mimics me. There's been times where I've sighed at least four times in 40s. My sighing has often been confused for lack of patience. While I'll admit that could happen, in most cases it has to do with getting my body to relax. I tend to hold myself in a tensed state which is tiring. When I sigh, I relax... briefly. I keep sighing because I'm continually tensed. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
There you have it. One photo and fifteen facts. Day one is over and I'm going to bed.

0 comments: