Thursday, July 12, 2007

B.C. or Bust

Well... we didn't hit the highway until 11:30 am. It was a pretty frustrating start but at least we made it on the road. We had to stop and get the neighbor to take a picture of us in our matching "B.C. or Bust" t-shirts.

I really enjoyed revisiting the landscape from Thunder Bay to Kenora. I always forgot how beautiful the area is until I am back. Lots of rocks, large hills, lakes and of course lots of marshes and trees. No wildlife although we did see a lot of signs warning of moose and deer.

We camped just outside of Kenora on Rushing River. It really is a beautiful spot. It was almost 8 pm by the time we arrived and set up shop. Jeff and I (and dog of course) went for a walk through one of the trails even though it was close to dusk. I took some video of the rushing river. You couldn't stop for long to admire them because of the blood hunters. After that we both took a midnight shower and turned in. I do believe I slept like a rock.

* video of rushing river

0 comments: