Tuesday, December 07, 2010

30 Days of Me: Day Nine

It is day nine of my 30 Days of Me challenge. Today's task on my list is: "something you’re proud of in the past few days".

The first thing that came to mind is how well I'm doing on my iPod playing Angry Birds Seasons. I think that sentence kind of says a lot about me. Not all good but kind of funny.

Jeff bought me an iPod for my birthday on Saturday. It arrived on Friday (yes, it was a surprise) and when I told my twitter friends about it the first message I got back was from Roxie/Maria: "you must download the Angry Birds Game." After getting my iTunes up to date and syncing my tunes I was ready to surf "apps" and the first thing that showed up was Angry Birds Seasons. 99 cents later and it was mine. And a new addiction was born.

One of my first action after downloading the game was to watch this youtube video which gives the back story as to why the birds in the game are so angry at the green pigs:


When the game is first opened up it kind of looks like those monthly calendars that you open up and there's a little treat inside (picture, chocolate); in this case it's a new game to work through where the birds sling shot through the air to destroy the green pigs and their abode for points. Different birds have different tricks they can do (i.e. one is an egg dive bomber). Each game seems to have three levels (based on number of points attained) that you can work through until you get three stars.

The first day I had no clue what I was doing and was sling shotting all willy nilly. Now that I'm on to day seven I feel like I've attained some skill and am getting more precise with my shots. I'm also reaching final victory quicker by destroying all pigs which can range from three to seven. In some cases with a few birds left over.

There you have it -- something I'm proud of in the last few days. If you have a phone where you can download apps I have to say "you must download the Angry Birds Game" too.

0 comments: