Saturday, December 18, 2010

30 Days of Me: Day Nineteen

It is day nineteen of my 30 Days of Me challenge. Today's task on my list is: "nicknames you have; why do you have them."

When I was in grade school I had a lot of nicknames.
  • My Aunt Ida used to call me "Charlie Brown". I have no idea why.
  • My "adoptive" brother used to call me "Cabbage Head". Supposedly I used to visit his mother's garden and go straight to the cabbage patch.
  • There was a boy named Alan who used to call me "Turkey Tits". He was an ass.
  • And of course there was "Four Eyes" which every kid with glasses surely had to put up with.
In adulthood my nicknames have been fewer -- thankfully.
  • My most common nickname is "Moe". It started in high school with my girlfriends. "Moe" if you don't know is just an abbreviated nickname for Maureen. Some people use "Mo" but mine has always had an "e" on the end. It just makes sense to me because there are two e's in Maureen (Yes, I know there is no "o".) Moe has pretty much become my personae for all my online dealings. Mostly because it's just easier for me to type.
  • My other nickname is "Moey" which is what Jeff calls me. His mother started calling me that the last few years and it annoys the hell out of me. I've asked her a few times to not do it. I like it when Jeff calls me Moey but not anyone else.

0 comments: