Tuesday, February 22, 2011

30 Days of Photos: Day 13

It is day thirteen of my 30 Days of Photos challenge (feel free to join me at any time).

I perpetually have cold feet. Except in the summer but in 30 degree Celsius I don't imagine many people would have cold feet. My feet are coldest at my desk. I face an outside wall, have hardwood floors, and my desk is metal. To say I complain or whine about having cold feet is probably an understatement. Occasionally I'll don extra socks, legwarmers (I actually wear them a lot in the winter), and/or slippers. Put my feet really hate to be suffocated so I'm usually only in socks.

Jeff decided he was tired of the whining and bought me the colorful reversible tiles that can be used for kids to play on or in workshops. I bought some a while back which I split for in front of the washer in the basement and under my exercise bike in my office to protect the floor. These new ones I split again, two for in front of the ironing board in the basement and two for under my desk, one on the floor and one up the back of the desk against the wall. I noticed an immediate improvement! My feet are still cold but at least they are not frozen solid. JD seems to like it too because I've caught him under my desk more than a few times since I put them in place.



So if you have cold feet at your desk and can't afford an under the desk heater give them a try. They can be found at hardware stores or retail stores for about $15 ($8 on sale).

0 comments: